Many people wonder whether windows are included with commercial cleaning services. The short answer is that window cleaning is usually considered to be an add-on service. If you are looking into hiring a commercial cleaning service for your building, it’s helpful to have an idea of what is typically covered by general cleaning and what add-on services may be available for you to choose from.
If you need to schedule commercial cleaning for your facility or business, 360clean has proudly provided specialized, health-focused cleaning since 2005. We proudly offer window cleaning as an add-on service along with our JaniMed® Cleaning System and processes that every one of our customers receives!
The system consists of specialized training, hospital-grade disinfectants, touch surface disinfection, and state-of-the-art equipment, like micro-fiber technology and Hepa Vacuums with four levels of filtration. The best part is, many times, we can implement our JaniMed® system at the same price or even less than your current commercial cleaning service.
If you’re curious to learn more about what is typically included with general commercial cleaning services, read on. Or, contact us today to receive a free quote for your facility!
What Is Usually Included in Commercial Cleaning?
When you hire a commercial cleaning service, it’s important to understand what services are included. The services offered with a general cleaning can differ, depending on whether the cleaning is, for example, weekly or monthly.
What’s Included Weekly?
Depending on the nature of your business and the specifics of your facility, some cleaning must be done daily. However, for those tasks that are not as demanding, a weekly schedule should be sufficient. Weekly, a commercial cleaning service may provide these services:
- Trash Collection. Emptying the contents of trash bins, replacing the liners, and washing and disinfecting the cans if need be.
- Vacuuming. Removing dirt and debris that accumulated during the week. This is an essential step before disinfecting or spraying any liquids, as wetting the floor while it is still laden with dirt and dust could render cleaning more difficult.
- Dusting. Removing dust from surfaces, including tables, chairs, computers, desks, and other office furniture. Like vacuuming, dusting makes further cleaning easier if any liquid disinfectants need to be used. That’s because it removes visible debris that would otherwise be smeared around when wet. Regular dusting also helps the air quality of your building.
- Disinfecting. Once the dusting and vacuuming are completed, all surfaces are wiped or mopped with disinfectant. This includes hardwood floors, plastic surfaces, countertops, and other surfaces.
- Polishing. Ensuring that all door knobs and handles are shining and sparkling. Many of these components are constructed from metal or brass and can become tarnished if neglected for too long.
- General Tidying. After the general cleaning has been completed, most services will usually tidy up all the areas they just cleaned. This includes ensuring the floor and communal spaces are garbage-free, hallway spaces are easily navigable, and all items are stored in their proper places. (Of course, tidying up does not mean that the cleaners will rearrange your personal items.)
What’s Included Monthly?
While a weekly cleaning service is essential for keeping an office or facility in tip-top shape, some tasks need to be performed less frequently to ensure your space remains in optimal condition. A commercial cleaning service’s monthly services may include:
- Vents. Maintaining healthy airflow throughout any facility is paramount to the safety and well-being of your employees and customers. Fortunately, maintaining good airflow is as easy as vacuuming your vents.
- Chairs. Vacuuming and spot-cleaning any chairs around your facility is a great way to ensure they are visually appealing as well as free of any harmful viruses or bacteria.
- Other Furniture. While chairs are certainly one of the most prominent pieces of furniture found in offices throughout the country, they aren’t the only furniture that requires cleaning. It is a good idea to clean other furniture, including couches, ottomans, and stands, at least once per month.
- Appliances. If your facility has a common area, cleaning the microwaves, refrigerator, and freezer will keep things looking and smelling nice. It is also an effective sanitation measure that will reduce viruses and bacteria.
Common Add-On Services
Often, a business or facility may require unique or more in-depth cleaning services. This is where add-on services are useful, and you may be surprised at what kinds of services are available. Add-ons provide a specialized approach to commercial cleaning and are an excellent solution if your business has extra needs that are not covered by regular cleaning.
While some cleaning services tend to focus on a facility’s floors and common areas, many of them do not offer window cleaning as part of the normal regimen.
These services usually include dusting, wiping, and drying to ensure the results are clean and streak-free. Consistent cleaning is a great way to extend the life of your windows and makes it easier to spot any potential problems. The add-on window cleaning service provided by 360clean consists of cleaning exterior windows, interior windows, and mirrored surfaces. The cost of window cleaning can range anywhere from $5 to $15 per window and is perfect for any of the following types of businesses:
- Commercial warehouses with many windows
- Factories with a large number of windows
- Commercial offices
- Medical offices
- Apartment buildings
While regular mopping and scrubbing are highly recommended, it is also important to perform a deep clean at least once per month. Depending on the nature of your business, this may need to be done more than once per month.
The cost of floor care can range from $0.50–$0.70 per square foot. This service is perfect for businesses of all kinds, but especially those where worker safety is particularly at risk, such as in a hospital kitchen. 360clean offers add-ons for both hardwood and tile floors.
If you’ve ever dealt with carpet, you know it can get soiled fast. A dirty carpet is something that many people do not want to think about. As such, regular vacuuming should already be in your weekly cleaning schedule.
Much like tile and hardwood floors, carpet requires the occasional deep clean. This involves removing dust, allergens, and a host of microorganisms from the carpet fibers. The results are immediately noticeable. The room will smell better and feel more open. This service can cost an average of $0.22 per square foot and is ideal for warm environments like waiting rooms.
Pressure washing involves a high-powered spray used to remove dust, mold, dirt, grime, and other unwanted films from various surfaces. It is especially advantageous for the exteriors of a building, vehicles, and concrete.
The cost of this service can vary wildly, with some offerings being as low as $0.10 per square foot and some being as high as $1.00. However, this service is a great option for many different kinds of businesses that want to keep a professional exterior appearance, like medical offices and law firms.
By its nature, construction is a messy business. Beyond that, no one wants to leave a job site looking worse than they found it. That’s why we provide a construction cleanup add-on. We will remove any lingering debris, tools, and other litter that may have been left behind. The cost of construction cleanup can range from $0.15 to $0.60 per square foot and is a must for any business following a new build.
Much like construction, moving in or out of a particular space can create quite a mess. Our move-in/move-out add-on will ensure that your space looks even nicer than it did when you found it. We’ll focus on the tough part, so you can focus on your move. There is no true average for move-in/move-out cleaning services since it depends on the size of the building, the scope of the job, and how specialized the building is.
In addition to potentially making an area unsafe to walk in, clutter causes a lot of mental stress. Fortunately, our decluttering add-on can reduce this stress as we remove objects and other clutter to organize the area to your liking. This is another type of service that has no firm industry average. You might pay under $100 for one job but a couple thousand for another. After all, decluttering a server room requires a much higher level of expertise than a waiting room. However, both of these are great use cases for decluttering, along with many others.
A Special Approach to Commercial Cleaning
360clean is proud to offer the Janimed cleaning system. This unique methodology makes use of hospital-grade disinfectants and state-of-the-art equipment to ensure your employees and customers are adequately protected from viruses and bacteria.
With Janimed, we provide specialized training, so our team knows exactly how to adhere to a proven system. The system consists of specialized training, hospital-grade disinfectants, touch surface disinfection, and state-of-the-art equipment, like micro-fiber technology and Hepa Vacuums with four levels of filtration. The best part is, many times, we can implement our JaniMed® system at the same price or even less than your current commercial cleaning service.
To learn more, contact us today for a free quote!