Source: CleanLink Febraury 4, 2014
Do you shutter at the thought of shaking someone’s hand during the cold and flu season?
If you do, you are not alone. So, how do you avoid getting sick without offending your peers? Fort Wayne, Ind.-based ettiquette consultant, Karen Hickman, has the answer. In a recent etiquette column for the News-Sentinel, Hickman offered readers the following itps for a germ-free handshake:
- Keep small packets of hand sanitizer in your pocket or purse during the day.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after meeting and greeting a lot of people.
- If you are the sick one, let that be known when greeting people.
- Keep your distance.
- Sanitize your desk, computer, keys and phone regularly.
- Keep a box of tissues and hand sanitizer on your desk at work.
- Have some illness guidelines for employees.
- If you’re sick, stay home
- Lastly, don’t forget to sneeze or cough in the crutch of your arm!